December 2019 to May 2020: Digital Analyst (Contract)
- Ran a comprehensive series of workshops for a wide range of stakeholders to map business processes and capture requirements.
- Worked with senior management to prioritise the requirements and provide supporting information that was packaged into two Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Created and ran a procurement process for the two RFPs.
- Answered clarification questions and managed interviews, presentations, and due diligence.
- Facilitated the assessment panel of GamCare staff and partner organisations with marking and analysing results.
August 2019 to September 2019: Digital Business Analyst (Contract)
- Created a process for managing requirements and approvals designed to work with international stakeholders.
- Used SaaS requirements and information management systems to provide a clear understanding of the direction of the project.
- Improved in-house skills for analysing and writing requirements for agile development.
- Developed system integration proof of concepts to demonstrate how to deliver a seamless sign-off process.
Good Things Foundation
April 2019 to August 2019: Digital Business Analyst (Contract)
- Interviewed stakeholders across a wide range of teams and roles.
- Created a high-level set of requirements collating and balancing the disparate needs of the user base.
- Ran workshops involving international participants using a combination of digital facilitation tools.
- Conducted market searches for and analysed cloud/SaaS systems against the needs of the business and its strategic goals.
- Provided recommendations to senior management on candidate systems.
Egress Software Technologies
March to August 2018: Business Analyst
- Worked with senior stakeholders at the Ministry of Justice to capture business and technical requirements for adding 2FA to a secure messaging system.
- Collaborated with the Chief Product Officer to maintain the product roadmap for the company’s largest and most complex product.
- Ran workshops on how to capture requirements in person, via video conference, and via telephone.
- Managed stakeholder involvement and input into the project roadmap.
- Acted as technical writer for large value bids.
- Co-ran a process-enhancement programme to improve the quality of requirements and user story-writing.
October 2016 to March 2018: Owner and Principal Consultant
- Provided freelance digital consultancy services to local businesses.
- Worked on an engagement project for a charity with an unusual engagement problem.
- Advised a digital agency on how to get the best out of agile.
- Helped a start-up understand security documentation frameworks.
Technophobia (also known as G2G3 Digital and Orange Bus)
June 2000 to September 2016: Multiple roles, including Studio Manager, Deputy Head of Technical, Digital Consultant
- Ran workshops for Sheffield City Council and created parts of their digital vision for inclusion and engagement (both digital and in the wider political context). Was then part of the team that then turned this into a general Local Authority framework.
- Created digital technical solutions for banking, gaming and betting, procurement, innovation and knowledge sharing, insurance quotations and many other tasks.
- Engaged stakeholders and helped articulate a compelling vision for Innovate UK’s organisational transformation using digital and agile methods.
- Converted a specification document created for a waterfall project into a roadmap ready for multi-scrum team development.
- Wrote and delivered training and advocacy sessions to give senior stakeholders a concrete understanding of the benefits of agile and DevOps.
- Documented procedures to run systems, projects and whole business units to meet standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS and security aspects letters for Special Nuclear Information.
- Delivered challenging and informative “state of the landscape” presentations for a wide range of sectors and interest groups, including banking and insurance, and subsequently helped crystalize their digital vision statements.
- Engaged individually and as part of a team with a number of 3rd sector, private and public sector organisations to create digital strategies, either as stand-alone pieces or by creating reusable toolkits and frameworks.
- Undertook complex systems work on a consultancy basis, going to client sites and working with them to install and upgrade software and systems to allow them to integrate with other digital products or on a stand-alone basis.
- Managed both single-discipline and multi-skilled teams, including a complete digital studio.
March 2019 to present: Trustee
- As a trustee of one of the UK’s largest independent cinemas, I support the charitable aims of the organisation and the business processes designed to generate income to fund those aims.
May 2014 to February 2019: Development Council member
- Provided guidance to the Senior Management Team and managers for the different fundraising teams across the breadth of Sheffield Theatres Trust’s fundraising work.